Only few days are left for JEE Main 2020 January session Examination. Candidates who have registered for JEE Main 2020 can download the Admit Card as National Testing Agency; NTA has released the JEE Main Admit Cardfor January 2020 on its official website. The admit card was released on December 6, 2019 in online mode. JEE Main is one of the most difficult and most important Engineering entrance exam which opens the doors of prestigious engineering colleges to the students who want to pursue engineering programs after Class 12th or equivalent.
JEE Main Registration for January 2020 was started on September 3, 2019 and continued till October 10, 2019. The whole process of registration is online. Admit card for the same was released on December 6, 2019 and it can be downloaded till the day of exam. The JEE Main 2020 (January session) examination will be held on January 6 to 9, 2020 in online mode and its result will be declared on January 31, 2020.
JEE Main examination is conducted to offers admission to 30814 seats in B.Tech/B.E., B.Arch and B.Plan programmes offered by 31 National Institutes of Technology (NITs), 25 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and 28 Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs). Scores of JEE Main are not only accepted by these institutions but most of the engineering colleges accept scores of JEE main for admission to their engineering courses.
This year the total number of Registrations for JEE Main 2020 examination are 9.34 lakh and 1.38 lakh for Paper 1 and Paper 2 respectively. Paper-I is for those candidates who are applying for B.Tech programs and those who are aspiring B.Arch/B.Plan admissions have to appear for JEE Main Paper-II.
Changes Made by NTA in JEE Main 2020
- Application fee has been increased by NTA and Offline mode has been discontinued.
- Number of Exam centers of JEE Main 2020 have been reduced to 233 from 264.
- Numerical questions has been introduced in the new JEE Main exam pattern
- Paper 1 now comprises only 75 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Earlier the total number of questions is 90.
- Each section of the JEE Main Paper has 20 MCQs and 5 numerical questions.
- Total marks for Paper 1 have also been decreased to 300 marks.
- Paper 2 has been separated into B.Arch and B.Plan. Maths and Aptitude is common for applicant of both the programs. Drawing test will be attempted by B.Arch applicants and B.Plan aspirants will take up planning test.
- Total marks for Paper 2 have been increased to 400 marks
- There will be no negative marking for numerical type questions.