We all spend a lot of our time scrolling through various websites. And sometimes, taking screenshots of a webpage becomes essential to store the critical contents of it. These screenshots can be used for multiple purposes, like education or business. But, when it comes to capturing a whole webpage, then it seems a bit tricky. Have you ever tried to capture a screenshot of an entire website but failed to do so? And now you are wondering how to do that? Well, if that is your problem, then no need to worry at all. Because luckily, there is an inbuilt feature in Google Chrome that enables you to take screenshots of an entire webpage. Google Chrome is the most popular and commonly used web browser that provides various useful features to its users. And screen-capturing functionality is one of the most valuable features.
Are you one of the users of Google Chrome? Do you want to know the methods to capture a whole webpage in Chrome? If yes, then you have come to the right page. Here, in our report, we are going to provide you with the procedure to do that. So, to explore the method, you will have to go through the entire article.
The Methods to Capture a Whole Page in Google Chrome
With the inbuilt screen-capture utilities of Google Chrome, now it becomes much easier to capture a whole webpage. With this tool, you dont need to install any third-party app to do that. This inbuilt screen capturing functionality has some custom options also that allow you to capture a whole webpage in the way you want. There are various ways to take a screenshot of an entire page in Chrome. You can also use some extensions for that purpose. The method of capturing a webpage in Chrome is an easy task that anyone can perform. It includes some simple steps that you will need to follow in order to do that. So, now, its time when we should head to the procedures. Heres what you need to do to capture an entire webpage in Google Chrome.
The Steps to Screenshot a Whole Page in Google Chrome Without Extensions
Mentioned below are the steps that you will need to follow to capture a whole webpage in Chrome. Take a look:
- To start with this method, open the Google Chrome on your device and visit the webpage that you want to screenshot.
- After reaching the page, search for the three vertical dots and click on it. You can find that icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- And now, after clicking on the three dots icon, you will be provided with various alternatives from which you have to click on the option of More Tools.
- And next, you will have to go through the option of the Developer Tools. Or you can use a combination of keys as well that is Ctrl + Shift + I for Windows and Command + Shift + I for Mac.
- After opening the Developer Tools pane, now, click on the three-dotted icon that you can see at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, select the option of Run Command. Or press the keys Ctrl Shift + P for Windows and Command + Shift + P for Mac.
- Type the word Screenshot in the space provided in the Command line. And, now select the option of the Capture Full-Size Screenshot.
- And now, you have successfully captured a screenshot of an entire webpage. Your image will save automatically. But, if you want to keep it in some specific location, you can do that by opening the image and click on the Save option and then select a destination in which you want to save your screenshot.
The Steps to Capture a Screenshot of a Whole Webpage Using Extensions
Here are the steps that you should follow if you want to capture an entire webpage on Chrome using an extension.
- To use this method, open the browser of Google Chrome on your computer system.
- And now, navigate to the Chrome Web Store and type the term Screen Capture in the search bar given in the store.
- And now, you will be provided with a list of the extensions. You need to select the option of the Screen Capture (by Google) extension to install it.
- After installing the extension on your system, go to the Screen Capture button that you can see on the Chrome toolbar and then click on Capture Whole Page. Or you can use a key combination that is Ctrl + Alt + H.
- And now, Chrome will scroll down through your screen to capture the whole webpage. And when finished, you will see an option bar placed above the webpage. From there, you can share the screenshot or save it on any location on your system.
So, this was all about how you can capture an entire webpage on Google Chrome. These were the most straightforward and time-saving methods that anyone can use. Try any of these methods and for more details and related articles, please go through our website and follow us.
Mila is a Blog expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2003. As a technical expert, Mila has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as Champ Post