When someone sends an email from your account, it looks like those emails came from your account, but in reality, these emails are sent from the spoofers non-AOL server as they show your email address in the 'From' section which is used to trick people. You can avoid your account to get spoofed from scammers and spammers by taking the help of experts by callingaol email tech support number.
What are the signs of a spoofed account?
Read the below-mentioned points if you want to know whether your account is spoofed or not:
- People in your contacts are receiving emails that are not sent by you.
- If you are receiving spam emails from your email account.
- If you see the MAILER-DAEMON message that is not matching with any of the messages sent by you.
How to keep your AOL account secure?
There is no robust way by which you can stop people from spoofing you; however, you can always try to secure your AOL email account by following these tips:
- Make sure that you have installed updated antivirus software.
- Always visit the security pages of AOL Email to learn more about how you can protect your account on your own.
- You need to change your password frequently and even make sure to make a strong password every time.
How is AOL preventing spoofing of emails?
AOL has updated its DMARC policy to notify other providers like Gmail and Outlook to reject all the emails that have come from non-AOL servers with the AOL address in it.
If your account is ever affected by email spoofing, then it's for your best interest that you callaol email customer care, that stays available 24*7 round the clock to help you. They will not only resolve your issue but will also tell you how you can secure your AOL account from scammers and spammers.
Read more:aol email support phone number
Source URL: How can email spoofing affect AOL Mail