Instagram allows you to share moments of life that you think worthy to see. And slowly, you build followers that add glimpse in your day to day life through feeds. Though as you gather a large following, you will gain more followers who are completely unknown to you. This is the unwanted development for several users, as not everybody likes to share photos or videos with the unknown. If you want to give an Instagram account some revival and want to share your photos with limited people, then removing the followers is the best way. But what you will do if you have 1000 followers.
In such a case, a mass delete option would be helpful. However, this option is not available on Instagram. It does not permit you to remove several followers together, nor will you be able to remove entire followers via a built-in feature. If you need to delete /remove all followers on Instagram, then this post might be useful for you. Keep on reading to follow the instructions.
How to Delete/Remove All the Followers on Instagram
You cannot remove all the followers together. We will go through the two ways to remove the entire Instagram followers: Third-party apps or Manual deletion. Each option makes it simple to remove the entire followers fast so that you can start with the new looking account.
Manually Remove Followers
If you need to remove the entire followers, the simple though frustrating way is to remove them manually. This is not a comforting option; however, it is the only way that Instagram provides. If you dont want to apply a third-party app to delete followers, then you need to delete every follower manually.
If you want to remove followers manually, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Go to the profile by clicking on profile option at the bottom right from home page.
- Click on Followers option to launch the entire Followers list.
- Search the name of the person on search bar that you want to delete or scroll the lists to find them.
- When you are done, tap on 3 dots beside their name.
- Press on Remove option to delete from the list. Remember, there is no prompt available that will ask to confirm the deletion, so make sure that you want to delete that person before doing it.
If the profile is public, then the first thing to do is to delete the person from the followers list. They can still view posts, so if you need to ensure that they must not, then set an account to private.
If you want to make an account private, then abide by the given steps:
- Launch the section by clicking on a hamburger icon to the top right of the display.
- Click on the gear icon situated at the lower right of the display from the side section.
- Go to Account Privacy.
- Toggle the option beside the Private account to turn it on.
As you did it, people will send the following request to view your post. After you delete the person, they will see the account as private. Followers will not get any notification that you have blocked them. Neither they will know about it till they insert the account handle in a search.
Via Third-Party App
There are several great apps accessible for Android as well as iOS that allows mass to remove the followers. They all perform in a similar method. They will display the Followers list and lets you choose several or all of them after that you may unfollow them in one go. Several of them are free, so they are a good way for the ones who want to remove all the followers.
They have features that enable mass deletion like:
- Bulk unlike posts
- Undo feature for activity log
- White list manager
- Bulk remove posts
- Mass block users