In this article, I will show you how to recover QuickBooks Online account by resetting the password in QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator and user so that your account is never locked.
The QuickBooks administrator password is required to access any data you store in the QuickBooks data file. This protects your company from unauthorized access to your most important information.
- If you lose your password, requesting a password will also prevent you from accessing the information.
- You need to click Help on the top menu bar.
- Click About QuickBooks in the list below.
- A new image with the license and product number will appear in your computer screen.
- You should keep the License Number, which you can write on paper.
Reset password as an administrator:
- After saving the license number, you will need to open the QuickBooks file.
- You will see a screen asking for a Password.
- Click "I forgot my password".
- When the QuickBooks login window appears. We need to answer some of your security questions.
- Enter the answer to the security question, and click OK.
- If successful, a message will appear informing you that the password has been deleted.
- Click "Close", enter a new password, answer the security questions, and click "OK" to create a new password.
- If you do not remember the answer, please click I forgot the answer.
- Fill out the QuickBooks administrator password reset form and click OK.
QuickBooks will send an email with a password, which you can enter in the password reset code field. Your password will be deleted, and you will be prompted to enter a new password and a new answer to the security question.
Make sure that the version of QuickBooks on your operating system is the same as the version you used the last time you opened the file with a password.
- Open the Intuit QuickBooks automatic password reset tool support page.
- And select the version of QuickBooks you are using.
- Follow the instructions on the new page.
- Intuit will provide you with instructions or software to reset the QuickBooks installation password.
- After which you can enter a New Password.
- When you are finished entering the new password, click the blue Next button.
- Then click the blue Finish button. The user's password has now been updated.
Now you know how to update the password as an administrator and user. If you are unable to complete any of the above operations or QuickBooks returns an error during this process, please contact Intuit Technical Support.
In this article, I explained how to restore a QuickBooks Online account.