MAC addresses may sound some foreign names to some people. If you also don't know what precisely the MAC address of the printer is, then this blog can help you in understanding it. HP printer is known for having Media Access Control address and network interface Card (i.e. MAC and NIC). This address is known to identify each device that is attached to a network. If this MAC address is enabled, then only your device can access the network. If you want to find out the MAC address of your printer, then it can be challenging; however, you can do it easily by taking the help of the professionals. You can call hp printer tech support numberto avail of the assistance of the experts.
How to Find the MAC Address of Your HP Printer?
One of the simplest ways to find the MAC address of your device is entering the ipconfig/all in the command prompt. However, if you wish to know the MAC address of your printer, then you have to follow other methods because most printers are not compatible with the keyboard input. You need first find the IP address of your HP printer and then only you can find its MAC address.
Find the IP Address of the HP Printer
- Go to Control Panel Hardware and Sound Devices and Printers
- Now here you have to look for your printer and then right-click on it to open the option of Printer Properties.
- Then click on the Ports and then select the entry of TCP/IP port that is standard.
- Once you click on the button of Configure Port, you can see the IP address of the printer.
Find MAC Address of HP Printer
- Once you know the IP address, you have to open the command prompt.
- You can open the command prompt by entering cmd in the Run window.
- In the window of the command prompt, you have to type arp-a and then hit the enter button.
- You can see the result that appears on your screen; now you need to go to the line where the IP address is written.
- Next to the printer's IP address, you can see the MAC address of your HP Printer.
If you do not want to execute all these steps, you can easily take the help of professionals who will be happy to assist you. You can reach out to the experts by dialinghp printer customer care, which stays accessible 24*7.
Read more:hp printer helpline number
Source URL: How to Find a MAC Address on HP Printer