when the Quickbooks error 6123, 0 occurs, QuickBooks displays an error message saying, Error: -1623, 0 We're Sorry, QuickBooks can't open the company file." In addition to running QuickBooks File Doctor and Updating QuickBooks Database Server Manager, users are instructed to perform standard troubleshooting procedures in order to resolve company file errors. In many cases, basic troubleshooting alone isn't enough to fix error codes like 6123, 0; you will need to implement additional troubleshooting in order to resolve the issue. Here is the error description as it appears in QuickBooks:
Causes of QuickBooks Company File Error 6123, 0?
The following are the causes of QuickBooks Desktop error 6123.
- One of the most common reasons QuickBooks displays error message 6123 is an older version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Not only does a corrupted company file in QuickBooks trigger error 6123, but several other 6000 series errors are also caused by such damage.
- Similarly, you might experience error 6123 in QuickBooks when restoring a backup from an online storage service, such as Dropbox.
- You may not be able to run QuickBooks Database Server Manager on Windows.
Troubleshooting Methods to fix Quickbooks Error:- 6123,0
Step 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
It's not just that outdated QuickBooks Desktop will attract errors but it's also responsible for poor performance. It is important to keep your QuickBooks updated so that you have no bugs or other issues that could negatively affect the end user experience. Follow the next troubleshooting step if installing the updates did not help you resolve QuickBooks company file error 6123.
Step 2: Download and run QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub, as you may already know, is a collection of tools that can be used to fix a lot of different errors QuickBooks encounters. A tool named "Quick Fix My Program" is designed for refreshing QuickBooks installations and re-registering the files in order to resolve general company file and program errors, such as Quickbooks error code 6123 0. To run Quick Fix My Program Tool, follow the instructions given below to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- You can download QuickBooks Tools Hub by Intuit official website.
- From the File menu, select Exit to end QuickBooks Desktop.
- Launch QuickBooksToolsHub.exe from the download location.
- Complete the installation by following the prompts on the installation wizard screen.
- Open QuickBooks Tools Hub by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
- On the left pane, click the Program Problems tab, and then click Quick Fix my Program.
- After the repair tool repairs QuickBooks, you can run it again.
- Make sure that your company file is backed up and check to see if the issue has been resolved.