The error code 0x80073701 is one of the most apparent error codes in the Windows 10 system. To solve this error, one may need to apply a few solutions since it is pretty hard to solve it within a single solution. It is included in the BSOD errors, aka Blue Screen of Death, that is pretty tough errors on their own. If you are also facing the same error message, then we have got your back. So, no need to worry about it and follow the guide mentioned below.
Method 1: Use Windows Built-in troubleshooter.
- Head to Start menu.
- Then search for Settings.
- Choose the best match to open settings.
- Now search for Update Security.
- Select the best match.
- Head to Troubleshoot situated in the left menu.
- Find the Windows Update option on the right side screen.
- Make a tap on that.
- Head to Run the troubleshooter.
- Reboot the device once the process wraps up
- see if the Error Code 0x80073701 persists.
Method 2: Fix the Corrupted and Outdated Files and Logs
There are many cases in which a corrupted or outdated file was casing the Error Code 0x80073701 error on Windows 10 operating system. So in this method, we are going to fix this up by just following the steps given down here:
- Navigate to Start Menu.
- Search for Command Prompt and then make a right-click on its icon.
- Put in SFC /scannow and then make a tap on the Enter button.
- Now the process of fixing system files will begin, and this most probably solves the 0x80073701 error code.
- If the issue is still unresolved, then make sure to follow the next solution.
Method 3: Looking For bothersome patches
Sometimes the bad patches can also make issues like this since that could affect the essential system processes. Heres how to fix the 0x80073701 error via finding and fixing the problematic patches:
- Hit the Win+ Skeys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Put in Control panel into the search field and then press Enter.
- Head toPrograms and Features.
- Now go toView installed updates.
- Next, discover the last installed patches on the list.
- Once you find them, make a tap on theUninstallicon.
- Head toYesbutton to verify your changes.
- Then restart the computer to make the work accomplish.
Method 4: Turn off the Third-party Antivirus
Sometimes the aftermarket security products can also make such error messages on the Windows-based computers since they can affect the system permissions and files resulting in 0x80073701. See the below steps to fix the issue:
- Head to Control Panel with the help of the Start menu.
- Then open theProgram and Feature options.
- Locate the installed third-party antivirus software in the programs list.
- When you find it, make a right-click on that and pick theUninstalloption.
- At last, reboot the PC.
Method 5: Perform Clean Boot
- Put in System in the start menu search bar.
- Then locate theSystem Configuration optionfrom results.
- Make a right-click on it and then choose theRun as administrator option.
- Jump to theServicestab.
- Now, make sure that the option saying Hide all Microsoft services is selected.
- Also press theDisable alloption.
- After that, go to the Startup tab and then head to the option sayingOpen Task Manager.
- In theStartuptab, right-click on the item that you want to disable and choose the Disable option.
- Exit the Task Manager window and then head toOK.
Harry Williams is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles onwebroot.com/safeand many other related topics. He is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Source : Resolve the Error Code 0x80073701