Importing a chart of accounts is additive, the import will add accounts to the existing chart of accounts, but wont remove any duplicate or QuickBooks online default accounts. When the user imports the chart of accounts, the type and detail type must exactly match the types available in QuickBooks. If you are also looking for the guide toimport the charts of accounts in QuickBooks desktop, then reading this post can be of great help. For more details, you can also get in touch with our QuickBooks support team . Our experts will be happy to help you.
Requirements to import file
Before you import the charts of accounts, it is important to first ensure that you have considered and fulfilled all the requirements:
- The very first requirement is that the import file size should be limit to 2MB or 1000 rows per import
- And the file must be in excel and must have the account type and name fields
- The next thing to consider is that the users can import sub accounts by using the parent account name
- And also, all columns must include the heading
Steps to import charts of accounts into QuickBooks desktop
- The very first step is to log in QBO account
- And then select the gear icon present in the top right-hand corner of the page
- After that, the user needs to click on import data
- Tap on the chart of accounts icon
- And then, click the links that says download a sample file
- And also open the downloaded file and clear the sample data
- The last step is to copy the data in one column at a time
We end this post over here with the hope that the information we have shared in above might help the user inimporting the charts of accounts in QuickBooks desktopwith much ease. However, if the error persists call us at our toll-free number +1-844-405-0906. Our experts andcertified QuickBooks desktop supportprofessionals will be happy to help you.