Besides organizing and decorating your house, party supplies are the best craft projects to make with Cricut machines. Today, we will walk through the easiest and quickest party craft project you can do: How to make acupcake topper with Cricut. Theres no easier way to prepare cupcakes than adding a cupcake topper. TheCricut Design Spacehas made it easy to makecupcake toppers with Cricut! So, lets learn how to make acupcake topper with Cricut.
What Do You Need To Make a Cupcake Topper With Cricut?
Heres what you will need to make acupcake topper with Cricut.
- A Cricut machine or any other cutting machine.
- A PNG or SVG circle or cupcake topper.
- High-quality printer paper to print and cut images.
- Quality cardstock paper for backing favor tags.
- Lollipop Sticks.
- A hot glue gun and glue sticks.
How To Make a Cupcake Topper With Cricut?
Here is a complete step-by-step instruction on how to make acupcake topper with Cricutat home. The first step is time to prepare for your cut.
Working in the Design Space App
- First, you must download or make cupcake toppers (usually PNG or SVG) and then open yourCricut Design Space app.
- Next, upload the PNG or SVG by tapping Upload in the left-hand side menu.
- After that, ensure your Print Then Cut option is checked so you can see your design on the cupcake toppers. Then, press on Insert.
- Now, to create your cupcake topper smaller, shape it by dragging it at the corner side. (Most prefer cupcake toppers to be about 2 inches in diameter.)
- Then, duplicate the tag by right-tapping it and selecting Duplicate.
- Next, under Fill in the top menu bar, choose No Fill in the dropdown menu bar.
- After that, change the color of that backing to the color you want the backing to be.
- Then, right-tap and press Move to Back on the backing.
- Now change the backing piece to be slightly larger than the cupcake topper.
- Next, duplicate only the backing, so youve one printed cupcake topper and two backing parts.
- Lastly, choose all and duplicate as many times as you can on one page.
Printing Cupcake Toppers
Next, the second step is time to print.
- Firstly, you have to switch on yourCricut cutting machineand adjust your paper setting to whatever paper you are using (most people usually choose cardstock unless its very thick.)
- Next, in yourCricut Design Space app, pressMake It.
- After that, press each cutting page to choose what size paper you have.
- Then, press Continue.
- Now, choose the Print Then Cut cupcake topper page and press the Send to Printer button.
- Lastly, select a printer and print.
Cutting Cupcake Toppers with Cricut Machine
Now the third step, cut off side tags.
- Firstly, put printed cupcake toppers on your cutting mat.
- Next, align the mat on the Cricut machine between the two brackets.
- After that, click on the arrow button on the Cricut machine to load the cutting mat.
- Then, click on the C button to start cutting material.
- When your Cricut machine completes the cut, click on the arrow key to remove the cutting mat.
- Next, carefully peel your cupcake toppers off the mat and remove the excess paper.
- Now, place the paper you plan to use on the mat to support your cupcake toppers.
- Lastly, repeat 2 through 5 steps.
Finishing Cupcake Toppers
The last step is completing the cupcake toppers.
- Firstly, you have to hold one of the printed cupcake toppers and use a hot glue gun to apply some glue to the back of your cupcake topper.
- Next, center your cupcake topper on one of the backing pieces and attach it.
- After that, take a lollipop stick and apply some glue to one side of the top side.
- Then, put the circle you glued on the top side of the stick.
- Now, apply a little glue on the opposite side of the stick you just pasted.
- Lastly, take another backing piece, align it to the front, and attach it to the glue.
We hope this blog provides great ideas about making acupcake topper with Cricut, a beautiful DIY party decoration! So, these are the complete instructions on how to make acupcake topper with Cricutat home. And thank you for taking the time to read about How to Make aCupcake Topper with Cricut.