Most Skype users arerecently complaining that their messages are being delayed. Maybe it is due to network issues, system problems, or simply because of an old Skype version. Today we will find out the main issue. So, here are the instructions to fix the problem.
Reset Skype Application
- Go to the Windows logo on your system.
- After that, click on the Apps and Features option.
- You should scroll down and click on the Skype option and then select the advanced options.
- Beneath the Reset option and choose the Reset option.
- You have to select the Reset button as verification.
- Once you complete the reset process, you will view a mark nearby to the Reset option.
- Thereafter, you should shut the Settings screen.
- Now, sign in to Skype and check by sending a text to a contact.
Upgrade the Skype Newest Version
In case you are running a previous Skype version on your Windows 10, then you should look for updates in the MS Store to attempt to solve this error. You can log in to Skype and click on the Help option. Select the Check for updates on Windows 7 and 8.
Download the Classic Version of Skype
In case the above instructions give no outcomes in the MS Skype, then you can attempt installing the Skype classic version for the Windows system.
Install the Skype Again
- Navigate to the Windows Search on your system.
- Thereafter, input skype into it and hit the Enter key.
- You should select the Skype and right-click on it.
- Then click on the Uninstall button.
- Hold the Win + R keys at the same time on your system to launch the Run section.
- After that, input %appdata% into it and hit the Enter key.
- You have to click on the folder of Skype and remove it to delete Skype from the system properly.
- Go to the URL to download Skype.
- Once finish the download, launch the file of downloaded then pursue the on-screen steps to install the Skype on the system.
Restore Skype UWP
- Navigate to the Windows logo on your system.
- After that, click on the Settings option.
- You should select the Apps option.
- Then find and go to the Skype option from the list of Applications.
- You have to choose advanced options.
- Navigate to the Reset option and click on it.
- Now, you should uninstall and install the Skype app again.