When it comes to your body, the brain is the organ that must be given the highest priority. It is the part that has complete control over the body, and each activity is monitored by it. The brain is responsible not just for allowing you to feel or think, but it is also responsible for all physical activities such as heart beating, functions of the lungs, and much more. It’s our responsibility to keep our brain working at its best, and to get there; we are going to give you a list of a few food choices that you must include in your diet. The food choices that we will mention here will carry a significant impact on the functioning of the brain. It will help you better concentrate and stay alert throughout the day. Various research papers showcase its unique role in offering a solid memory. Now, without any further adieu, let’s dive into the blog.
Boost Your Mental Health Top 5 Food Choices
If you are looking for food items that can help enhance brain health, fatty fish is the top choice you should make. To give you an idea, the options you can go for are sardines, tuna, salmon, etc. All these types of fish will contain a good amount of omega-3 acids. If you look at the brain structure, 40% of it is just omega-3 acids, and the rest, 60%, is fat. The former is used to develop nerve cells and is primarily responsible for the learning aspect. It will also help in staving off mental illnesses like Alzheimer’s.
There are numerous health benefits that you will get with this food item. A few of them are focused principally on improving brain functions. These berries will contain anthocyanin in a reasonable amount, and it is responsible for providing antioxidants and various anti-inflammatory effects. These elements will directly impact the aging factor and significantly enhance the brain’s memory function. It will also help establish better communication between the brain cells, which will eventually result in better functioning.
If you are trying to find a particular food item that contains a good amount of plant compounds, broccoli should be your first pick. It is also a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin K. A cup of cooked broccoli will offer you a day’s requirement of this particular vitamin. Our brain has almost 60% fat, and in it, we have sphingolipids. It’s a specific type of fat that is found in brain cells. Vitamin K is essential for this type of fat. A number of research studies done on older adults showcased its positive impact on cognitive abilities.
There are a total of 3 healthy compounds that you will find in the dark chocolate; these are caffeine, flavonoids, and antioxidants. It will also contain more than 60% of the cocoa elements. The antioxidants present here will directly impact the memory and learning abilities of the brain. These plant compounds present in dark chocolate will also help anti-aging the mental depreciation. It is also considered one of the best mood boosters that you can rely on.
These are just a few options that are considered the best ones when it comes to giving your brain improved overall health. Apart from the ones present in the list, tea and coffee contain several compounds known to have a positive impact on brain health. We recommend cutting down sugar intake entirely from your diet as a bonus tip.